The Master Technician requires experience and technical expertise to diagnose drivability, air conditioning and electrical systems. It is expected to use leadership and mentoring skills to drive a team to increase customer care and satisfaction A successful Master Technician will have direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair to specifications — brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (Technician A, Technician B, Mechanic, General Service Technician)
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintain and organized and neat shop
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety, and environmental rules
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position is a leader in the shop. We expect you to help set the pace and tone while helping to develop the team around you. Collaboration and a team first mentality are a must if you are looking for success in this role. In addition, we require review the following to measure your fit for this role:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience
- 8 or more ASE certifications are PREFERRED for this position (A1 through A8)
- Section 609 Certification required
- State Inspection license if applicable
- High level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Successful completion of drug screen
- Availability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends as needed
Pep Boys offers:
- Sign On Bonus for Select Positions
- Health Insurance, Vision and Dental
- Automotive Technician Apprenticeship Program
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Discounts
- ASE Certification Reimbursement